Re: Live Boxed Set material

At 02:12 PM 5/21/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Mark, re:
>
>>Runaround Sue
>
>I've always wanted to hear this one and the Beatles song (I Saw Her Standing
>There) they did... However, for the moment, I've stopped bothering to
>"influence" these people. After the latest "no bonus track" for
>"Quadrophenia" decision, I have to seriously question the brains (or lack of)
>of those involved... "Gee, what if we had a 'pause' and an announcement of
>'BONUS TRACKS'..." give me a break!
>
>-wf
>
>I agree 100% with WF on this one. If LAL and WN were re-released with extra
or bonus tracks (with no pompous formal announcement on the CD being thought
necessary) - and these are greater more historic albums than Quad IMO - why
can't Quad be released in a similar format, if necessary in a three CD box?
I'd like to see live Quad material on such extra CD, which moreover is
artistically justified in light of the imperfectly realised music on the
studio Quad. I don't think another Quad-only release can be justified,
especially with only 4 tracks being re-mixed. We already have the Quad on
which JAE's bass was supposed to have been mixed up (was this the same one
however as the sountrack Quad?), although I can see little difference from
the original except for part of the bass line on The Real Me. Plus there's
that Gold Master version, which I haven't heard but I'll take WF's word that
it ain't so hot. I just feel that after these various go-arounds, the fans
want something really special this time - because make no mistake, they're
the constituency for the Quad re-release, as for all Who re-releases.  Apart
from that (marketing) consideration, we deserve it! :))......Gary M.