All-Who nation?

        Three more!!!  I'm just amazed at the time Rich Thompson has on his
hands.  I wish I had that time!!!
        I've read the debates over whether we should all stick to Who
topics, and even though I find it interesting, and something that needs to
be discussed, I think we should not lose sight of the main issue.  I read
Rich Thompson's rebuttal, and was not impressed.  It seems to me that he
finds his actions and his obnoxious behavior valid, because of this one
line he got from the "list of lists" page, which was probably written by
someone outside the mailing list:

>    Purpose: An unmoderated mailing list for discussion of the band
>        The Who, its individual members, lyrics, etc.

        When RT discovered that it is difficult for people to "keep in
line" when they have a discussion, he became disappointed.  He seems to
hate when people stray, even for a second.  Sincerely, I think that if he
is not satisfied with what he has been reading, he should familiarize
himself with this bit of information:

>If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list,
>you can send mail to "Majordomo" with the following command
>in the body of your email message:
>
>    unsubscribe thewho

        I am not trying to be nasty, or a wise-ass by saying this; it is
the truth.  You can't tell a group of people having a discussion, "cut it
out, I don't like where this conversation is going."  Of course, you can
join in the discussion, ("join in" being the key phrase) with an opposing
viewpoint, but you can't, or at least shouldn't, try to put a stop to it
simply because you don't like the topics being discussed.  This is why RT's
behavior is a form of censorship.  You either don't take notice of what
doesn't interest you, walk away, or in this case, hit "delete."  As far as
I'm concerned, Rich Thompson has not proven his actions to be valid,
legitimate, or even necessary.  Even though the above purpose of the list
he cited is true as a general description, is it really a "rule?"  If it
is, who made this rule, and why does Rich Tompson feel he has to enforce
it?  Who gave him that job?  The answer to the last question is himself, of
course.  This campaign of reprimands, and "slap on the wrist" tactics he
has undertaken, is nothing more than an attempt to have things his way, and
infringe on our rights--all of our rights, including those who agree that
we should only talk about The Who at all times--because he would like to
regulate all of us.  Those of you who have expressed sympathy and
understanding for his point of view, think about the audacity Rich Thompson
had for sending these "requests" to us, and what gives him the authority to
do so.  If you think, "Oh, he just wants to read stuff about The Who," try
to realize the position he has put himself in, and the role he has been
trying to play in achieving an "All-Who nation."  Just because you agree
with his "reasons", does not free you from his scrutiny, which is the main
issue.  No matter what side you are on, are you really willing to accept
this person judging and criticizing everything you post to the mailing list
for its Who content?

Stacey