Re: Why, Beavis and Butt-head IS educational

>To: thewho@mpath.com
>
>While flipping through channels I came across B&B doing their
>critique of Mike Watt's "Piss-Bottle Man".  Before the video was
>shown it was a dead giveaway that they were attempting to copy the
>Who's sound.  The phrasing of the rhythm guitar with the injection of
>a monstrous drum fill got my attention.  Then they showed the video
>where I saw five men dressed in suits.  Four of them (BTW one of them
>had an SG bass) were doing scissor kicks and windmills which was the
>smoking gun.  Thanks to cdnow I found out this all star alternative
>band contains Eddie Vedder along with Flea, David Grohl, Frank Black,
>and Henry Rollins.  No wonder.  I need to watch 120 mins more often,
>but I'm still perplexed by Oasis' success instead of Blur's.  But I
>guess it's just deja vu' 30 years later with the lesser talented band
>succeeding.

How about that song which Eddie V. sings on Mike Watt's Album Called
"against the 70s" or something like that? The verse part sounds a hell
of a lot like "Christmas" from Tommy. And while I'm off topic, how about
"Better Man" by Pearl Jam. Parts of it sound a lot like The original of
"Save It For Later"
        I wouldn't start on that Blur versus Oasis thing; Ive seen it
elsewhere and it gets pretty ugly. :-))) (double chin)
        "Between stimulus and response is the will to choose"
Quite an existential tag for a such a party-line kind of guy, don't you
think?
        Don't come too close to the screen; you do NOT want the flu I've
got.  bye for now.
bob main ringpiece and godspeed (band and label)