Re: In Defense (w/ minimal Who content) (fwd)

Brad, re:

>>> Also, what's ICE? I thought it was a "I Can't Explain" abbreviation, but
that doesn't seem to fit.

        ICE (International CD Exchange) is a publication that provides
information on CD's released worldwide.  It is one of the most informative
rags on CD's, along with Goldmine magazine.  It is the size of a large
pamphlet, but it is packed with pretty useful information, including release
dates for domestic (US) cd issues.

>>> I'm a member on the Queen list, and there's a very distinct line about
what's legit and what ain't.  It's not run by a bunch of nazi pigs either.

        I would be interested in what the distinction is between what is legit
and what isn't, if you would elaborate (even though this IS the Who-list!).
How do they set up the boundaries on the Queen list?  Is the subject strictly
Queen, or can you discuss solo projects?  Can you discuss artists that worked
with Queen?  Can you discuss rock music in general, since Queen was generally
considered rock music, or can you discuss rock music only as it pertains to
Queen?  Since Freddie Mercury was a "Queen", can you discuss homosexuality?
Can you discuss the Queen of England?  Queens, NY?  Where the hell is that
line, anyway?!

>>> Not sure if the final question was supposed to be rhetorical. I would
think the final arbitor would either be a moderator, or failing that some kind
of consensus from the members of the list.

        The point is, why can't it be each individual ON the list?  Sure, some
stuff you may not want to discuss.  Some stuff that pertains to the Who, I
don't want to discuss, but others do, so I just glance at it until I realize
it doesn't interest me, and then delete it (or pass it on to Marty if I think
HE might be interested)!  And please, if you DON'T have time to hit your
delete key, how can you have time at all to read any of this stuff?
        I get the feeling the "consensus" is, the INDIVIDUAL should just
delete the stuff they don't want to read.  Who the hell needs a moderator,
anyway?  Moderate it yourself.  THAT'S the point.

        gary m.