Re: Tommy CD-ROM, glitch-o-rama

On Sun, 19 May 1996, Bruce Kawakami wrote:

> So does anyone out there have a system fast enough to run this thing at
> a viewable speed?  I mean to run the video/audio without glitches.

You might want to try turning off your virtual memory in windows, on my
old system the CD ROM was cached through that instead of direct to RAM,
so live action video sped up when I turned it off.

> The minimum requirements off the box are:
> Windows 3.1 or better, 8mb of RAM, 486sx/25mhz or better, SVGA (256

I suppose they mean Windows95 when they say "or better"?  Guess I shouldn't
wait for the Unix X11R6 version (hey, now that WOULD be better)...

Shane Matheson						MechEng/CompSci UWO

	"I smash guitars because I like them. " -- Pete Townshend