Pete's hearing/"signing" at NYC shows?

Litgo, your comments
 <<I would guess that his hearing has gotten better since he's begun to
takecare of it. I'm sure he doesn't want to go back to those problems, lip
reading and all,>>>>
reminded me of something that happened at Pete's Supper Club gig (Sat I
think, but coulda been Fri). During "I Put A Spell On You", near the end, he
raised his right hand and appeared to have signed the song title - very fast
fingers (oo!). Some in our little audience group seemed to believe it was
accurate sign language motions, while others though he might have been doing
 "hocus pocus" kind of gestering that would fit the "spell" motif. It really
seemed like very delibrate motions, rather than random. The one person with
us who can sign alittle, thought it was legit, but way too fast for him to
make out.

Did anyone else catch this?

If Pete is fluent in sign language, maybe his hearing lose was more serious
than we imagined? or maybe he just likes to use his hands -hMMM.....

- Kathy