things PT said at Supper ClubSun Dec 7 14:29:08 PST 1997

Hey everybody,

Sorry to be posting about this so late but I just finished my finals, so now
I actually have time to post about the Sat. Supper Club show.  I've enjoyed
reading everyone else's posts about it.  I only got there an hour before the
show, so I didn't meet any listers and I probably wouldn't have gotten into
the Rum Club anyway.

The Supper Club is such a horrible place to see Pete play, or any
musican/band that
you actually want to watch.  I could barely see Pete.  I had one foot on a
pole and one foot on my boyfriend's foot for most of the concert, just to be
able to see Pete's head.
But it was still definitely worth it!

"The Shout" was just beautiful.  Pete said something like "I don't really
write love songs, they're more like spiritual songs.  I had a couple
girlfriends ..." something about this being after one of those
relationships.  Then he said that "She's married now and has a couple
kids..."  Did Pete say that her husband is Jon Karan, that's what I thought
I heard.  Then he said "At least he's not an alchoholic!   <Riker>
ALCHOHLICS."   My boyfriend said that he said something like "I wish I had a
couple girlfriends on the side now since I'm not gettin it."  Hey maybe that
ties into that divorce thing that may have been mentioned at the Fillmore
show.  I just can't imagine Pete and Karen getting divorced after all these
years and since they have a young son.

Pete was just hilarious the whole night, like when he talked about how Roger
used to like to sing some Johnny Cash song and he sung it real low and Pete
played the song on the guitar and tried to sing real low.  And the whole
thing about Howard Stern was great too.  I taped HS that Monday, and HS
didn't mention it.

Sometime mid-show Pete had seemed to have a little chat with someone up
front
in the audience, and then he said to everyone "Where are all the girls?"
 What was that all about?

Can't wait for the rumored Ronnie Lane benefit.  Anyone hear anything about
Rod Stewart playing at it?  I really hope he doesn't b/c he'll attract too
many people to the event, but I don't see why he woudln't sing at it.   In
fact it's funny to hear that Pete made fun of Rod, b/c back in '93 when Pete
did a radio interview, he was talking about Unplugged with the DJ, and the
DJ started busting on Rod for having an orchestra or something and Pete just
said to the balding DJ "Oh I love Rod he's great.  He's got hair, you and me
should talk to him."

Sue

PT 5-4-96 "I'm taking the piss out of country music."