Joe Jackson??

OPENING ACTS!!!!

I have really enjoyed reading all the response to Bob Mould's show.  I must
say that I agree with WF all the way.  How many times have we all seen
opening acts that just don't suit the 'main attraction'.  I can't comment on
Mould because I didn't see the show but what did Mould expect??  I have
always wondered who the brain children are that set up some of these opening
acts (I don't believe that the headliner always has the 'say').  They always
seem to have trouble providing the concert-goer with fair value for their
buck.  The need for an opening act is  simply to kill time!  I'm sure
everyone at the PT show would have preferred the  evening to have been 1.5
hrs with only PT on stage rather than ~ 3 hrs with Bob  Mould as well.  Is
there any point??  Also, the concert-goer has every right to  express his
opinion verbally because HE OR SHE HAS PAID to see the show that inclues the
(generally) lousy opening act!!

On a related subject, couldn't believe what I was reading the other day!!
It seems that we have a Joe Jackson supporter on this list??  What is going
on??  I thought the days of candy pop were over forever?  In a previous
post, Litgo (Ithink it was him;  actually, I'm positive it was him) seemed
to glorify the work of Joe Jackson and his 'fresh' sound.  Hey Litgo, how
about Christopher Cross and the Archies - they fit right in with the Joe
Jackson scene.  This is all related to the first paragraph.  In the early
80's, The Who performed at Exhibition stadium in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
and Joe Jackson was the opening act.  It is my recollection that Jackson was
not only booed off the stage, but also had projectiles thrown at him.
Litgo, I guess that other Who supporters don't share your keen admiration of
Joe Jackson.  The only thing 'fresh' about Jackson's music is the fruit he
picks off the stage at the end of one of his perfomances.  Perhaps we can
organize a Joe Jackson list to discuss this 'brilliant artists' work
further.  See you all in another post sometime in the future.

DC