Re: Who recording history

Gary, re:

>Could someone outline the history of what companies released the Who's
records in the principal markets from 1965 to date, with comments, if judged
appropriate, on the quality generally associated with the pressings/CD's of
the respective companies? WF, I have a feeling you are elected....

Geez! Actually, if you go back into the list archives, I've already done that
about twice! However, since you got to know the know I'll put together
something this week, perhaps in a "multi-parter"... The problem is, writing a
whole "sound" discography, which is pretty lobsided with various exceptions.
Rather than go with the label history, I'll give a listing of "best picks"
for each Who record/CD by country... with some commentary...

Stay tuned...

-wf