Pete's Behind Blue Eyes demo as elevator music?

I was standing in line at a Carson's (aka Bergners or Boston Store) yesterday
and heard "Behind Blue Eyes" being sung over the store's music system, but it
wasn't Roger's voice.  It was difficult to tell, but the restrained
instrumentation made me think it was Pete's demo.  I don't know if this has
been reported earlier, around the time many of us said we'd heard Pete's
original version of Let My Love Open The Door in supermarkets.  Has anyone
else heard this version of BBE in a store?

Rich B.