Re: More Questions From Dean

Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 22:10:42 +0900
To: thewho@mpath.com
From: chris@trn.or.jp (Chris Hinkle)
Subject: More Questions From Dean
Sender: owner-thewho@mpath.com
        I double checked.  "Pinball Wizard" did make #4 in Britain (on the
     New Musical Express charts).  In the U.S. it made #19 on the Billboard
     charts, the same year the U.S. put Zager & Evans "In the Year 2525" at
     #1 for 6 weeks! ARRRGH!

        The Who Collection on Impression hit the British charts on Oct. 12,
     1985 and The Who Collection on Stylus hit the British charts on Nov.
     19, 1988.  Who's Better Who's Best hit the British charts on March 19,
     1988 and the U.S. version was released the following November.

           Now that I've supplied that information, here's a question for
Dean.  Could you supply a list of chart numbers for The Who's releases in Japan?
  And if you can, dates would be much appreciated.

                                        Yours,

                                        Brian Cady
Author:  chris@trn.or.jp (Chris Hinkle) at Internet
 Sun Dec  7 14:23:57 PST 1997
Date:    5/8/96 10:10 PM

Folks,
Again I forward questions from our intrepid seeker...

Thanks for the info, but I still have a few questions.
First, someone else wrote that Pinball Wizard got to #26, so
I'm not sure who to trust.
Second, need dates on some of the albums : Who Collection (both
times) and Who's Better Who's Best.

Take care, Dean.

cmh
http://www2.trn.or.jp/chris/index.html
150 東京都渋谷区東 3-12-12
3-12-12 Shibuya-ku Higashi, Tokyo 150
TEL: 03-3486-8861 FAX: 03-3486-8862

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We
       don't believe this to be a coincidence." -- Jeremy S. Anderson