Great Rock Drummers (was Re: Keith's cymbals)

On May 8,  9:57pm, JimboWHO@aol.com wrote:
> >2.  Do you (and this is obviously an IYHO) think any rock drummers ever
> >approached the level at which Buddy Rich and other jazz guys played?
> >Also, why does Ian Paice get mentioned so rarely as one of rock's better
> >drummers?
>
> Yep, Steve Gadd, Neil Peart, Steve Smith, John Bonham (a right foot equal to
> two arms). Even people like Kenny Aronoff, Jim Keltner, Simon Philips and
> Charlie Watts (very underrated) are giants. Too many to mention. Oh yeah,
> throw Moonie also.

Good list.  I'd add Bill Bruford.  Billy Cobham around the time of
the early Mahavishnu was drum god too.  Phil Collins was a great
drummer before he decided to start singing.

   Paul Stevens                               Silicon Graphics
   stevens@engr.sgi.com                       Mountain View, CA