Re: Keith's cymbals

Since we're having a bit of a drums discussion, I thought I'd ask a
couple of questions I've been wondering about:

1.  On a bunch of pictures I've seen, Keith is holding his drumstick(s)
backwards--pointy part in palm.  Is this for a specific effect or just
because he's drunk/drugged out of his mind?  (page 81 of the Charlesworth
mini-book or the center of the 2-page picture section before the
chronology in the box set booklet)

2.  Do you (and this is obviously an IYHO) think any rock drummers ever
approached the level at which Buddy Rich and other jazz guys played?
Also, why does Ian Paice get mentioned so rarely as one of rock's better
drummers?

--LP.