Pete's Antics

>>Gary M. Gillman recently asked whether Pete T performed his usual stage
antics of scissor-kicks, kneetucks and windmills.  Sadly, the answer is No.

Actually, this answer is not entirely true.  At the Fillmore show (unlike HOB
and apparently the Supper Club), Pete did indeed cut loose at one point,
during "Magic Bus," I think.  He did a bit or running and jumping around the
stage in classic Townshend parody, with a delightful gleam in his eyes.  No
windmill or scissors, as I recall, but it was pure Pete.  The crowd (and
Pete) loved it.  The truly amusing part, though, is that he was wearing
Teva's (sandals) that got all tweaked out and twisted underfoot when he did
this.  Within a few minutes, he stopped in the middle of the song to take
them off.  But lo and behold, he couldn't get them off.  In the mean time,
Jon was jammin' on the keys, for which Pete later lambasted him (with a
smile, of course).