Re: Mould at the Supper Club

Paul, Re:

>What a contrast these descriptions of the Supper Club audience's
>reaction to the opening act are from my experience at the Fillmore.
>If it is true that anyone opening for Pete should expect to be
>booed off the stage, it does not speak well for the character of
>Pete's fans, IMHO.

        I heard some booing, and other obnoxious noises from the audience
during Bob Mould's set, particularly during the first (May 3rd) show.
However, I thought while I was there, and I still think that the crowd was
fairly courteous, considering:  We were all standing sardine-style the
whole time--I was unavoidably touching this guy's butt in front of me;  It
was hot.  We were sweating, and pressed up against one another.  This may
sound good, but it was very uncomfortable;  Needless to say, everyone was
very anxious to see Pete, which made the aforementioned inconveniences even
more miserable;  Lastly, the show was in New Fuckin' York--we New Yorkers
are a bunch of wise-asses anyway, but the people yelling out obscenities
and booing were definitely a minority.

>At the Fillmore we had a pretty much forgettable
>guy doing some standard blues tunes with guitar and harmonica.  When
>he came out a guy next to me on the front rail yells out "Hey man,
>how did you get *this* gig?  This is an incredible gig!"  He then
>talked about how lucky and happy he was to have got it.  He played
>his songs, people either listened or sat down and talked.

        At least you all could sit down.  I wished I could have brought my
chiropractor with me to the shows--I would have him lay me out on the floor
and adjust my back, it was killing me from standing so long.  All
complaints aside, the shows were incredible, and they were well worth
paying broker prices, back pain, and touching this guy's butt against my
will.

        Whoa!  I was just listening to Stern, and Joey Buttafouco (sp?)
attended Pete's HOB show.  Speaking of obnoxious New Yorkers.
                                                                        Stacey