Townshend @ the Supper Club

Just a couple of comments on the Supper Club.

The setlist for Friday has already been reported - I don't have Saturdays.

The Quad Stuff he did on guitar (Drowned, I'm One, Cut My Hair) was
phenomenal.  You can tell he has been practicing that stuff.  I also loved
Slit Skirts on the baby grand, the humorous C&W send up of Legal Matter, the
alternate Substitute lyrics, and everything in general.  The sound from where
I was (1/2 way back on the floor) was superb.

Friday Night Pete definitely had a -lot- of close friends in attendance.  I
stood next to Pete after the show in the VIP lounge, and he knew everyone in
there (except me) -very- well.  He seemed a bit taller than me (I'm 5'11").
So I'd say 6.0' is probably right.  Can't tell you  how many "stone" though.
 He signed my LAL CD booklet, right next to where JAE did.  Now to track down
Roger.....

In my experience, the security throwing tapers/photogs out are generally
hired by the club owner, and I have been to lots of concerts where taping was
allowed, but they threw people out anyway, and lots of concerts where taping
wasn't allowed, but very conspicuous tapers went unharrassed.  So just
because people were being thrown out for taping, doesnt mean it was at Pete's
behest.  I would also note my tickets did not say "No Tape/Camera" as they
often do.  Not that this is determinative as to Mr. T's personal wishes
either.

I would speculate, however, that Pete would have less of a problem with an
inconspicuous fan taping for non-commercial purposes than a fan rudely and
aggressively heckling his hand-picked opening act.  Just my speculation
though, I can't pretend to know what he thinks.

I am getting a bit weary of the bombast and vitriol which seems to be taking
up a lot of space here lately.  But it is Fang's list, so I suppose he can do
whatever the <Riker> he likes.

Anyone out there with Saturday's DATs, I'd like to hear from you.