Unanswered Letter to PT

Greetings Who people.  I've got something I want to share with you.
 Admittedly, it's part self-promotion and part Who-related.  I hope I'm not
breaking any rules by posting this but I do think it has at least as much
relevance as Entwistle's favorite mustard (if not more).

I'm a writer based in Los Angeles.  Last year, my first book was published.
 It's called THE O'DOOLES OF RESEDA:  A YEAR IN THE LIFE OF AMERICA'S MOST
DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILY by myself (Tim Ballou) and Linda Higgins, Carol
Publishing, ISBN # 0-8065-1609-7.

THE O'DOOLES is a one-of-a kind humor book which chronicles the bizarre lives
of a fictional family in southern California through their outrageous (but
real) correspondence which was actually sent to, and answered by, well-known
individuals and entities such as George and Barbara Bush, Alan Dershowitz,
Katie Couric and the American Dental Association.

There are only three letters in the published version of the book which
received no reply. You guessed it.  One of the letters was to Mr. Townshend.
 It was written by Atwood O'Doole (aka "me"), the earnest husband and father
of the family.  Atwood runs his own awning and canopy company (O'Dooles
Awning & Canopy).  In addition, he's an inventor.  He wrote PT to suggest
marketing a product called the "O'Doole 'Going Mobile' Awning."  It's a
portable awning which straps to your torso, leaving your hands free.  Atwood
suggests to Pete that it would be quite useful for outdoor concerts held
during inclement weather.  There's even a crude sketch of PT using the "Going
Mobile" awning.

While writing the book, I tried desperately to reach PT.  I sent the letter
to him at Faber and Faber, MCA, via Dave Marsh and even the St. James Theater
where he was rehearsing Tommy in NY.  I never received a reply from Pete!
 Even though the book is published, and, for your information, available in
most major bookstores nationwide, I (aka Atwood) would still like a response
from PT.  If anyone out there has a connection, perhaps you could help me
reach him.  I'm at least curious if he even knows about the book and his
presence in it.

If you'd like to hear more about this book, feel free to e-mail me.  In
addition to being available in bookstores, I can sell autographed copies to
anyone who's interested.

If you're on America Online, go to the Writers Club (keyword Writers) and
look under Author Interviews.There are two interviews in the archives -- one
with my partner and myself and another with the O'Doole family.  (I do
mention PT in the interview.)

We've also completed a feature screenplay based on the book which we're
shopping around right now.   If all goes well, I'd love to use some Who
and/or PT music in the movie.  Better yet, I'd love to get PT to appear in
the movie and/or contribute original music.

Thanks.

ODOOLE@aol.com (Tim Ballou)

P.S. -- Anyone know Daltrey's favorite mayonaise?