Re: K. Jones

Jim:

<< Not so.  Listen to the boots from the NYC shows the Who did in 79.
 Kenney's playing is loaded with energy and enthusiasm, not in evidence by
Keith on WRU >>

I haven't heard those boots but I'll take your word for it.  As for WAY, Moon
only shines on "New Song" and the title track but K. Jones simply can't play
stuff like that with the same effect.  On the rest of WAY Moon is just a
timekeeper but that's all Jones is on records, his style is over-the-top like
Moon and S. Philips but his fills are all very predictable left-to-right,
around-the-kit jobs.  I did like that little 10" splash cymbal hanging in
front of him though!

I do feel that S. Philips is, as Pete put it, a "powerhouse."

JJM