Re: Who's Next

In a message dated 96-05-06 13:33:02 EDT, MPRNJ!PTD@mprnj.com (Paul Decker)
writes:

>I apologize if this has already been discussed to death, but I am new to
>this list.  Can someone report on how much an improvement (soundwise) the
>remastered Who's Next is over previous CD releases of the album?  Also,
>how are the added songs?  Do they fit in with the rest of the album?

Like night and day. Actually, I'm speaking more of Tommy. WN is just as good,
but was more than tolerable on its original CD release. Tommy, on the other
hand, was horrendous.

The additional songs on WN are from Lifehouse, the whole concept that, when
abandoned, yielded WN. Others are, such as the second Behind Blue Eyes, are
previous versions that were rerecorded later.

If you don't have them, Sell Out, Tommy, Live at Leeds, and WN are highly
recommended.