Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 125

In the "party-till-you-puke" spirit (I've had very little sleep lately :-),
I just want to postpone going to bed a few more minutes to say I had a
great time at the shows, renewing friendships and meeting heretofore
corporeally-unrealized listers -- I'm afraid I'll leave someone off but
please accept my apologies in advance if I do -- Lauren, Rich@xmission,
Bruce Kawakami, Steve Marshall, Mason Weinrich, cptwlker, whoman-Mark, Paul
Stevens, Tim Herrlinger, RichWF, Lisa Grand, John Brawley, Jeff Winterich
... Pdooger and Stacey, someone (Lisa I think) pointed you out to me in
line at the Supper, but I didn't have a chance to go say hi.  One small
point of order, John Brawley's post seemed to leave open the interpretation
that I was there with other Texans, which wasn't the case; I think the
folks he was thinking of are non-listers, from North Carolina.

I can't make myself stay up to post the NY setlists but will do so soon if
no one beats me to it.  One quick note:

>From: white-fang@genie.com
>Date: Sun,  5 May 96 06:31:00 UTC 0000
>Subject: PT @Supper Club 5/4
>
>As for Pete, [snip] He did "Mary Anne With The Shaky Hand" and "Substitute"
>with some fairly bizzare lyrics, which I won't repeat here...

I have no such scruples...he started off singing the second-verse lyrics
for the first verse and we went from there to classic Pete improv at the
big finish:

...Substitute the coke for gin,
Substitute me for him,
Substitute the debts(?) for facts
I will wear my plastic mac
Fuck my ass and hang my hair
I want to fuck a fucking bear...

BWAH HA HA HA HA ... I was practically wriggling with delight :-)

over-n-out, g'night all...

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend