Re: IH > WAY surely you jest!?!

> No offense. I'll be the first to say I'm "musically inept" (actually
the 2nd
> to say it, you're the first!) However, how would Keith have "felt" in the big
> band situation? And Simon in the 4 piece??? I was really impressed with Simon
> on the Deep End video. Good drum mix, too!

Keith probably would've made a few more faces and gestures to compensate
for the lack of attention.  I remember seeing Simon for the first time
during the A.R.M.S. (read : save Ronnie Lane, and where was Pete!?!)
concerts of 1983.  IMO he kicked ass with Jeff Beck (plus the fact he was
using those new TAMA's with the built in mics).  However my opinion of
his style waned as a drummer for "The Who".  He overplayed so much on
"Sparks" that Pete caught him screwing up (with a smile of course).  His
fills are very predictable and usually the same for every song.  There you have
it.   However I'll give him some credit on the Townshend '93 tour but
again he falls in his little traps.