On-line Who resources

Although I`ve contributed actively to our mailing list I`m not familiar with
other music discussion formats on the Internet. I see references
occasionally on this list to Who discussions on usenet ( i.e., the "alt
Who", and to AOL Who. I realize AOL means America On Line, but I`m not
familiar with how these other formats function and how they differ from our
list. I`m not thinking of changing formats at this time but would appreciate
if someone would be good enough to explain how these other formats work and
how the discussions may differ from what we see here. Thanks!...Gary M.