Re: Wrinkly rockers not dying before they get old

>The problem is, there's a very low level of quality and almost complete
>inability by rock bands to put out consistently high-quality material
>when they get past a certain age/album number.  The stuff the Stones have
>done since about 1975 could _maybe_ fill one LP of truly good material;
>the stuff the Who did after '75 was mediocre in comparison with the music
>they released before then; the solo careers of 90% of rock stars are
>nothing to mention, and even those of Lennon, McCartney, Townshend, etc.
>have been far from good.

I enjoyed lots of Paul's 1970s stuff, but I lost complete interest in him
since "Back To The Egg."  Pete, on the other hand, has ALWAYS had good solo
output, IMHO, with the possible exception of much of Iron Man.  For example,
I think every single song on White City is very good, and there is much to
recommend on Psychoderelict as well.

Rich B.