Re: WAY/FD/IH

Gary, re:

>These songs show the diminishing power of his vocals -

I used to think along those lines too. Until I saw him do "Free Me" in '85.
At the Boston concert (which was aired on the King Biscuit) he makes mention
about his "rough" vocals due to singing "Free Me". If everything he sang was
with the power of that song, he wouldn't be able to sing in concert after 2
or 3 songs. While it sounds great on the studio recording, I'm sure he feels
he wants to do something he can "deliver" live and by the same token, make
sure it sounds similar to what you bought...

While others may argue, I'm convinced John can still sing well (if he puts
his cigarettes down for a bit...). However, he did explain to me that he goes
off key if he can't hear himself in the monitors, and apparently, he doesn't
like that...

-wf