Re: Last Two Albums

Jimbo, re:

>Sure. Rehabilitate here means to transform current public opinion on FD from
one that says "the album sucks" to new awareness that the album is "actually
pretty good".  That can be done, at least in part, by featuring songs from FD
where you'd normally expect hear others.  Rehabilitation.

Between us (and the rest of the list), I don't think that Roger gave the
matter THAT kinda thought. Most likely, he just likes the songs and the way
they are performed live...

>> but it just doesn't SOUND like a Who song should.

And that's one main reason why, there is no Who... Should Pete continue
writing the same song over and over and playing it over and over? (Mold Bob
can do that!) Does "Sunrise" or "Blue Red & Grey" sound like "Who songs"???
"Our Love Is, Was"??? Up to "Quadrophenia", each album kinda sounded very
different musically. It's afterwards that they creatively got caught in the
"same ol' song" rut (hint: what do you think "New Song" is all about...) Once
you start putting severe limitations on the artist, he has trouble performing
his art...

-wf