Re: How to solve a "problem"Sun Dec 7 14:20:54 PST 1997

On Sat, 4 May 1996 15:59:28 -0400, WFang01@aol.com wrote:

>Actually, I have a great suggestion to anyone who may receive "hate mail" now
>and in the future... For those "cowardly types" who do not want to express
>their true feelings in "public" (you know, act one way on the list, another
>privately), I suggest "exposing" those people by reposting their e-mail back
>to the list for all to see... After all, why have 2 personalities, when one
>is cheaper?

One small item to ponder:

I don't know whether this was a deliberate eccentricity on the part of
the list owner, an accident, or what, but of all the mailing lists I
am on, this is the only one that does not default to sending replies
to the list. I frequently get caught by this. I send a reply that I
intended to go to the list, never see it, and then get a response via
e-mail from one person. It is at least possible, therefore, that some
"off-list" comments were not supposed to be "off-list" at all. Perhaps
our esteemed list owner could comment about this? FWIW, I think it
would be a lot better if the default were changed to send replies to
the list.

Kevin B. O'Brien
kob1@ix.netcom.com
"John Connally's conversion to the GOP raised the intellectual
level of both parties." Frank Mankiewicz