This and That

Well I've just gotten back home to Colorado, following a remarkable holy
sojourn to Pete and CA, and I've finally caught up on the voluminous digest
reading.  Before I go on to add my comments on the greater Pete experience, I
thought I'd pick up on a few miscellaneous items.

To whomever was looking for a stub to the 89 Who date at Folsom in Boulder,
CO - it was August 13, not 18.  (They were in Vancouver on the 18th, two days
after Pete's tremelo accident.)

To the person in search of lyrics to "How Many Friends" (a long-time favorite
of mine), if you still don't have them, email me and I'll sit down and type
them in.

To the people posting the song title of the Mose Allison track that Pete's
covering, one of you called it "If You Live Your Time Will Come," another
referred to it as "If You Live."  Anyone out there got the actual Mose
Allison record that it's on?  Please post the definitive info.

several references throughout the night in LA, but in SF, he got real
specific about being clean.  My take, however, was that he meant 8 1/2
months, not years.  Comments?  Knowing his drinking history, what made you
think he meant years?  BTW, I spoke with people who know him that say that he
is actively doing the meeting thing, etc...  Some of his drinking buddies are
really down on him.  So it goes...  And for what it's worth, the after show
party at House of Blues, instead of being in the upstairs private bar as is
traditional there, was a low key gathering in the dressing room area.

Looks like someone posted the answer about the Fillmore being taped by
Westwood One.  If anyone knows about it being aired, please post.

Re:  Earplugs.  I was in the front row center for all three CA shows and did
not see the aforementioned earplugs.

Looks like Alan beat me to the full Fillmore set list.  Good work, Compadre.

Lastly, my brother clipped a tidbit from the local newspaper while I was out
of town (good work Bro) that says the following:

"Pete Townshend is dickering with putting on his latest theater project,
Psychoderelict, at this year's Edinburgh Fringe Festival in Scotland instead
of Tommy or Quadrophenia.  He says his newest is about "growing old and
realizing that some of the dreams you had when you were young aren't ever
going to be realized."

I would love to hear anything else that anyone else knows about this and any
other PsychoD staging.

P.S.  My two cents on Lettermen.  Rough Boys was OK but not impressive.
 Would have preferred to have seen it with just him and John  Carin as in the
show rather than with the L. band.  They were just not in sync.  The Kids
segment was great.  Commercial breaks suck!  I was seriously bummed by no
interview.

Thought I was going to write about Pete show experiences, but instead, I got
two different Who buddy phone calls and spent an hour and a half on the phone
sharing the withdrawl experience.  Good thing he's on TV two nights in a row.

Just watched Conan.  Ten moderately interesting minutes of interview (almost
made up for the dearth of talk on Dave last night, except Pete and Dave are
so good together) followed by an enthusiastic reading w/ the Max Weinberg 7
of "Barefootin."  Good story about his parents after hours jam parties
keeping him up at night as a good.

That's it for me.  Thanks for reading.  More another time.