Re: Last Two Albums

>M.L.:
>
>>Yes, IH is better than WAY.
>
>Nope, just not true. Some other stuff to consider:
>
>1-  On JAE's tour I believe he played both "Had Enough" and "Trick of the
>Light"  but I      don't believe he played anything from IH.

Means nothing. How many other great sons did he ignore?

>2 - MSF chose WAY for a release of a Gold disc not IH.

And they didn't choose WHO'S NEXT, MY GENERATION, SELL OUT, etc etc. Means
nothing.

>3 - 4 songs from WAY are featured on "30 Years...",  1 from IH.

Because MCA doesn't have to pay as much for licensing. You should have known
that.

>4 - Again, 4 songs from WAY - "New Song", "Had Enough", "Sister Disco" and
>"Who Are You" still get FM radio airplay while you only hear "Athena" and
>"Eminence Front" from IH.

You mean on Classic Rock stations? Need we start that debate again? How many
other desrving songs need I mention to shoot this one down? There are
hundreds of thousands.

>>IT'S HARD is a good album.
>
>I can only echo Chris Charlesworth's qoute when summing up "Cry If You Want"
>for his book:
>
>"Just as forgettable as so many other songs on this weak, insipid album."
>
> He may be a liitle harsh there but you get the point.

Well, he's entitled to his opinion, and you yours. And I don't have to agree
with it. I still state that the material as a whole on IT'S HARD is stronger
than that of WHO ARE YOU. The performance is obviously better.
Besides, the point was the IT'S HARD (a number 2 or number 8 album,
depending on which chart you prefer) was a success. Many bands wish for
sales and airplay like that. Does there have to be a scale?
Let me put it this way: when I heard WHO ARE YOU, coming after three years
of nothing, I was very disappointed. When I heard IT'S HARD, I was glad that
The Who were back in form. Or, to put it another way...

Good songs on WAY:                       Good songs on IH:

905                                      Athena
Sister Disco                             It's Your Turn
Music Must Change                        Cooks County
Trick Of The Light                       It's Hard
Guitar And Pen                           Dangerous
Who Are You                              Eminence Front
                                         I've Known No War
                                         A Man Is A Man
                                         Cry If You Want

There you go.