IH > WAY surely you jest!?!

As much as I don't hate It's Hard compared to the "Who purists", I can't
believe ANYONE would prefer this album to Who Are You.  Simply put, this
album proves as tired as the band was (even with Keith's problems) that the
Who were nothing without Keith.  As much as I've diagnosed when Keith Moon
"lost it", I still realize he had a knack for feeling the music.  Kenny
Jones never lived inside a Townshend/Entwistle composition.  He never used
the proper accents to bring forth the beauty of each individual song.  Even
on WAY, Keith knew how a song should be expressed.  IH lacks a lot of
feeling which disables John from bouncing off of Keith's attack (so does FD,
but FD has superior songwriting to IH, my opinion of course).  Personally
New Song, Had Enough, Trick of the Light, Music Must Change, and Who Are You
outshine any IH composition.  First of all, WAY is a song for the ages, I
don't see any song of that stature on IH.  Second, songs like Eminence and
Cry if You Want are compositions which go against the traditional Who
philosophy.  Both songs are directed to a trad. style drummer, and probably
would've been better songs on a PT solo album.  Athena doesn't even enter
the equation because it's the worst Who single ever, bar none!  (I'll defend
the Squeeze Box fort to the end!!!<g>)