Selective Sensitivity

<<From: IISheds@aol.com
 Sun Dec  7 14:20:26 PST 1997
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 23:32:11 -0400
Subject: Selective Sensitivity

<<The point is this - NOBODY, either publicly or privately, took offense to the
remark!
This can be attributable to two possible phenomena:

<<1)  We are only sensitive about remarks made about certain races or ethnic
groups, or

<<2)  We are only offended by remarks made by certain persons.

<<Whichever explanation is correct is irrevelant - both reflect bias...

Or 3) I was out of the country and didn't see your slur! ;-)  But in all
seriousness, at least you were concerned, and if someone had been offended,
it sounds like you would have apologized, or at least explained it further.

Is that too much to ask?

I'm going to stop contributing to this race thread, but I reserve the right
to be offended again later.

Scott