Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 118

At 3:45 4/28/96, The Who Mailing List wrote:
>From: David Stark <david@songlink.demon.co.uk>
>Subject: Rule Britannia II

>  BTW, the Marquee no longer exists, it's last location in Charing=
> Cross Road is being turned into a pub.=20

The original (I think) Marquee address of 90 Wardour St. is now a
bakery/deli, but has a nice commemorative metal panel under the storefront
window engraved with the names of famous (and not so famous -- e.g., Mungo
Jerry) musicians who have played there.  The Who is arguably number 1,
being listed in the top left corner.  Worth a look on a "famous Who sites"
tour.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend