Re: When did Pete switch

I first saw The Who in San Francisco in Feb. '68. Pete was playing a
stratocaster through Sound City amps and cabinets.When next I saw them in
Sacramento, Ca. in June '68, Pete was playing  a Telecaster through Sunn
amps and cabinets. Then, again in S.F. in August, Pete was using a Gibson
SG and the Sound City set up. The temporary diversion to Sunn, on the part
of both Pete and John was, I believe a marketing contract they had made
with the Sunn Co. When next I saw The Who, in the summer of '69, Pete was
using the SG and Dave Reeves' new Hiwatts. As best I can figure out, Mr.
Reeves had built the original Sound City amps, and transmorgified them into
Hiwatt. That is the sound that will forever be etched in my mind....Pete
Townshend...Gibson SG...Hiwatt.