Re: QUAD news in the April ICE

I wrote:

>> The news about bonus tracks is great.  I can understand not adding any to
>> Tommy because that's such a famous album, but Quad is very much overlooked
>>by comparison (according to a DJ on the radio today) so attaching bonus
tracks
>> wouldn't be viewed by quite as many people as tampering with a
masterpiece.

Then Lev wrote:

>I'm not the Queen of England, but I think that had less to do with tampering
with a
>masterpiece than a rather simple question of not having enough space on the
CD to
>bother with bonus tracks.  The most they could have added would have added
could've
>been a 3-minute song or so, and that would have been pretty pointless.
>"Remastered!--with Bonus Track!"  I'm not even sure there's anything they
have that
>they could have added.

I'm not notloB leahciM (thank doG), but I did suspect that Tommy came close
to filling a single CD.  But the label "Remastered!--with Bonus Track!"
probably WOULD have satisfied those of us who wish MCA had put some kind of
sticker on the new remix CD to draw attention to it!     :  )

By the way, with "Cousin Kevin Model Child" clocking in at a mere 1:24, maybe
there could've been two bonus tracks!  Actually, I was hoping that there were
enough possible candidates to make it legitimate to rerelease Tommy on 2 CDs
again.

Rich B.