Re: Hendrix's influence

On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Michael D. Mullins wrote:

>    It was always my understanding that Pete switched to Fender Strats in large
> part just because of his adoration of Hendrix.  I suppose this is as a good an
> explanation as any for me, because I never really thought Strats were "Pete's
> sound" anyways.  And I would further speculate that the ruffles, etc., were

I always saw the Strat as a step in the evolution of Pete's guitar choice
from pretty 'twangly' with the Rics then Teles, on to the Strats then SG
Specials with P-90s then LP Specials with those cute little mini HBs and
then finally to Schecters with full sized HBs, which is about as
un-jangly, twangy, single coil sounding as you can get.

I can't really see Pete playing a Strat because of Jimi, but then he
first got a Ric because that's what the Beatles played, so it could be
but for someone who complains "stealing my act?  He's doing my act" it
seems strange to go out & play the same guitar as the other person.

Shane Matheson						MechEng/CompSci UWO

	"I smash guitars because I like them. " -- Pete Townshend