Hendrix's influence

Mark Leaman, Re:

>Townshend influenced by Hendrix? Maybe, a little...Relax is the only cut I
>can think of that could possibly.

        I agree that Hendrix did not influence Townshend as much as it was
the other way around.  The Who song that makes Hendrix's influence on
Townshend clear to me is their rendition of "Hall of the Mountain King,"
from the Sell Out reissue.  At one point Townshend sounds like he's about
to add the guitar line from Hendrix's "Third Stone from the Sun" in his
solo.  The notes and style sound very similar to Hendrix.
        I also noticed Hendrix's influence on Townshend visually, when I
bought that crappy bootleg Jaguar Anyone? in New Orleans last January.  On
the cover, Pete is wearing that jacket with tons of buttons, ruffles, and a
(gasp) white Stratocaster--very Hendrixy.  Who wore ruffles first, anyway,
The JH Experience or The Who (or someone else?)  Ruffles have always
fascinated me.
                                                                        Stacey