Tommy remix

Okay this still isn`t final final but have those of you who have heard this
version noticed how high the bass has been boosted?  Normally, a good thing,
but because of the limitations in the late 60`s on recording the bass
guitar, the effect of boosting it so high now, IMO, is to give it (and some
of the songs) somewhat of a distorted, even rubber-band-like "bottom" which
is too strong. I found this as well with some of the Beatles` remixes a few
years ago (eg. on Taxman). The solution for me is simple: I`m lowering the
bass control anywhere from 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch, and then all is well.
Doing this gives better definition to the electric guitars on I`m Free and
Pinball Wizard, and generally to all the other musical elements on the
songs, although I believe Astley went overboard with how he mixed the
right-channel acoustic on Pinball Wizard -  it dominates the track too much
(too bad, as it`s a classic track). On the positive side, the depth,
definition and vibrancy overall of the remix are obvious. In particular, I
like the Overture, Amazing Journey, Christmas, and Go To The Mirror!, which
really rock. Both Sparks and the Underture almost sound like new recordings,
they`re that good. I agree with the list member who thought there may be new
runs in the Underture.........Gary M.