Re: LAL

>At 00:03 20/03/96, you wrote:
>>
>>The soloing Pete does on Heaven and Hell at Leeds OR Tanglewood was
>rudimentary - the term sluggish - used by PT himself at the time to describe
>his lead playing, comes to mind.

Maybe it's because I've always seen it WITH video, but the Tanglewood solo
really kicks. At the peak he's doing some weird chord, and it's really prime
Who.

>makes the difference for me. To say that Summertime Blues at Woodstock is
>better than at Leeds strikes me as odd - it doesn`t sound nearly as good or

Now THIS version, in particular, is what really drew me into Pete's sound.
For me, this solo really defines the best things about the Townshend/SG sound.