Re: On Growing beards

Paul,

We're saying pretty much the same thing, I think. I was thinking about
the line that proceeds the "beards" bit: "The parting on the left is now
parting on the right / And the beards have all grown longer overnight."
The "parting" there seems to be pun--the part in the hair, the parting
between political parties, right and left "party" politics and so forth.
Townshend is saying they become interchangable after awhile, these labels
of right and left, as easy to shift as the part in your hair.  Or at
least that's what I'm saying Townshend's saying, which, I think, is also
what you're saying Townshend's saying.

Marshall