Re: Quad Tapes

Dave, re:

>MFSL probably got their tape from Pete

According to their catalogue, they said that was the case with "Who Are You"
and "Tommy" (the former being inferior to the Polydor and the latter being
inferior to the new "Tommy" and the previous MCA version). However, no such
"exception" is listed under "Quadrophenia", so I would think they believed
they used a "master" as their claim to fame. Personally, I think the Gold
"Quad" sounds horrible, again, the Polydor sounding the best. Probably THE
best version of the album, is the Japanese LP version on Sony/CBS...

I'm expecting a letter from the pres of MFSL, so hopefully, we can get a few
matters regarding their Who catalgue straighted out...

-wf