Re: Gay Who Fans / Spirituality

>In a message dated 96-03-19 09:39:57 EST, jboswel@emory.edu (James Marshall
>Boswell) writes:
>was was letting on that evening.  I now think Who Are You is a very spiritual
>song and now I can ignore the WHO WHO WHO WHO part and concentrate on the
> awesome musicianship of the song.

I, too, was really put off by the whowhowhowho stuff. I never liked alot of
Entwistle/Townshend harmonies ever since Quadrophenia ("inside, outside...")
and this seemed like one more case of them trying to be different and clever
when, really, it's just so wimpy-sounding that it actually helps to make the
rest of the song sound even harder by comparison. BUT, I do love that song
-- great chord patterns and aggression. I remember that Pete took this
whowhowho stuff from some exotic music he'd been listening to at the time.
Well, I guess if that's the kind of different perspective that a genius
songwriter needs to get out the great songs than there's no point in
complaining.