Re: Censorship!

>Concerning the posting of non-who messages, I was simply saying that
>I would much rather put up with anyone's right (on the list, or elsewhere,
>for that matter) to be obnoxious, rather than have my own rights abridged,
>for the sake of having a "nice" who list.
>     That is pretty much it in a nutshell.

gary m:

While I agree with you completely, and would rather put up with the notes
than not have a free forum, I do believe that posters should show a bit of
self restraint and keep the reason for the forum in mind. It may be
everyone's right to yell "Fire" in a crowded theater, it's not very nice
when you know it causes people to hurt themselves getting out of there.
We should definitely "police ourselves" before someone else comes along and
decides to do it for us. Keep in mind that most laws are in place because
someone abused a privilige at some point or anther. And so the innocent
suffer for the guilty. Me, I think that there are FAR too many laws and
restrictions as it is. So I do what I can to make sure than _I_ don't cause
any more to come into being.
Subjects will get far afield from time to time (and so it should be), but
there are places that need not be visited.

             Cheers                               ML

NP: John Hiatt, "Perfectly Good Guitar"