JAE in Cincy 3/15

Hi all,

I just got back from Cincinnati and another enjoyable show.  After
sitting through not one but two dreadful opening bands the band hit the
stage at 11:55 pm.  There was plenty of room up front as Annie's is a
huge Western Sizzlin' type building.  I paid a price for being up
close, in that I couldn't hear the rest of the band very well.  Small
price to pay though.  Besides I listened to the rest of the band later.
 John had some tuning problems early on.  Although the building is
large the stage was small, and John several times almost hit a poll
next to him.  He did actually hit the neck of his bass on it once.  He
was obviously pissed off about this.  Otherwise the band seemed in good
spirits.

The setlist was:
Heaven And Hell (tuning, and  mix problems)
Had Enough
Success Story
Trick Of The Light
Bridges Under The Water
The Real Me
Love Doesn't Last
You
Boris The Spider
Life After Love
My Wife
Last Song
Summertime Blues

encore:
Long Live Rock (thanks John!)
Shakin' All Over (This song featured the longest soloing I've heard so
far).  Steve just about quit playing but started up again when he
realised John wasn't finished.  Steve had that "are we done yet look."

The show was 85m, a little longer than most shows because of Shakin'
All Over and long pauses between songs caused by numerous tuning
problems with both John and Godfrey.

I would like to express my personal thanks to John who HANDED me the
pisk he was using during Long Live Rock.  I tried in vain to catch
several picks that were flung by, over, and at me during the show.  You
try catching a black pick, in a dark club, while being pushed and
shoved!  At the end of Long Live Rock (after I had made it to the very
front) I stuck my hand over the monitors and John placed the pick in my
hand.

After the show the band did the usual signing, photos, etc.

Bruce