Re: New Tommy CD

>I'll certainly agree with that about "Face Dances", but I won't lump "It's
>Hard" into the same category. Personally, I like the album a lot more than
>say "Who By Numbers" (as I see the smiles disappear from their faces...).>

hMMMMMMMMMMM

> Can
>you be more specific about what it is you don't like about it, and maybe
>tells us what you DO like about it as well?

I happen to like Face Dances over It's Hard myself, because of "How Can You
Do It Alone", "Did You Steal My Money", and "Another...".  I feel those
three songs are better than any on It's Hard with the exception of "Cry If
You Want".   The one thing that saves It's Hard for me is the production,
Glyn Johns does a good job.  Other than that I hear a tired and frustrated
band on the creative level.  That's much different from Who Are You where
it's more physical exhaustion of dealing with the pressures.  Athena
would've made Squeeze Box sound brilliant if placed on WBN.  In a sentence,
It's Hard really showed the Who lost their edge.  Before it was gradual and
showing on FD, but It's Hard was like hitting a brick wall.  That's not to
say I don't like it, but it's probably the last Who album I listen to out of
the rest.