Re: New Tommy CD

>Now, the new one, is probably the best "Tommy" yet... although listening to
>it on the way to work, I heard a few things I wasn't happy with... I
> noticed
>"Sensation" and "I'm Free" being a wee bit "metallic" sounding, and I still
>have to get to "Tommy's Holliday Camp" and "We're Not Gonna Take It" (which
>I'll do on the way home today...) The other thing I notice, is the drums
>sound different on many tracks. Seems they've shifted the mix to the higher
>frequency end of the drums, cutting out part of the drum sound. I have to
>give it some more time before it sinks in...

I discovered We're Not Going to Take It contains some annoying clicks
throughout the song.  I wonder if this is another "ICSFM" gaffe at the CD
production level or is this on all releases.

I don't think the drums are missing anything.  They used to be buried so
much in the mix that the lower frequencies were more audible.  Now it's the
full effect.

In a lot of ways this reissue is probably as large as Layla's 1990 facelift.

PS: on another issue I find it PC to like It's Hard.  These fans find the
Who of that period as "percussion deficient", instead of "they suck".