Re: the Who and LIVE AID--a kind of history

Mark Leaman wrote:

> As far as I've ever heard, there's been no offical release of Live Aid. Not
> in the US, anyway...was there for Britian? We got a bit more than 30
> seconds; all of Love Reign O'er Me and part of two other songs. But it was
> dissapointing to sit through Billy Ocean to not see The Who.

Thanks, Mark (and thanks to the others who have replied or posted). I think your
memory must be a lot less hazy than mine. I'm not actually aware of a video
release. I just assumed there *must* have been one, otherwise how would anyone
not at the show have seen the Townshend stumble, etc? Anyway, I must have blacked
out for longer than The Who :-)

Mark T.