Re: Mould Bashing, etc.

Dave, re:

<< Without naming names (this phrase alone is probably sufficient to indicate
 who it is I'm talking about, which, if true, speaks volumes), let's knock
off
 the Bob Mould bashing >>

You're right! Most of us (at least us "witnesses."..) know that Bob Mold
stinks and can only play one song over and over again (I believe that's
referred to as a "one trick pony"), so why do we keep having to discuss it?
BTW, do you know what's worse than "Bob Mould Bashing"??? Posts that try to
"defend" the indefensible, then attempt to make a personal argument out of
it...

>>Pete Townshend is a fan of Bob Mould's music; Pete was to produce the next
Husker Du album after Warehouse, until the band broke up before the album
could be started. Pete personally asked Bob to open the NYC Supper Club
shows, just as Pete was the one who asked The Clash to open the '82 tour,
etc. My point is only that Pete listens to a wide variety of music, as do
most of us. He doesn't just listen to The Who. And if one's own musical
tastes are not perfectly isomorphic to Pete's, it doesn't warrant telling the
musician Pete has selected to open for him to, for example, "go home" or "get
off the stage".

David, repeat after me... Pete is not God. He did not come down from Mt.
Sinai to deliver his 11th commandment: Thou shalt listen to Bobby Mould and
love with all thy heart and soul...

Are you convinced that you should use Pete as a role model and do what he
does, like what he likes, etc? The last guy like that who made the news was
Mark David Chapman (remember him?), he wanted to be John Lennon. If you would
like to be a sheep and be spoon fed accordingly, that's your business. Sorry
if I burst your bubble by having my OWN opinion...

>>it's really a shame that an individual with so much valid Who information,
information that can be quite helpful to many list-members, feels the need to
over-expose themselves and continuously try to dominate the tone of this
list.

No, what the real shame is, having a nitwit like you, post something like
this. I've actually cut back my release of "valid Who information" to the
list, because of these kinda posts. Who is it that you think you are fooling,
when you say "an individual" or "without naming names"??? Is this your idea
of a "bold stance"??? I'd actually have some respect for you if you said
"exactly" what was on your mind, without these childlishly vailed attempts to
be "polite" or "noble". If your real goal was to "deliver" a message and try
to invoke some change, you would have simply e-mailed me, instead of posting
this lame attempt of a personal attack to the list.

>>which I fully expect to see realized once again after this message is
posted.

No <Picard> sherlock. If you're looking for some attention from me, I'm sure
there were better ways...

Hope this helps...

- -wf