Re: In With The Promotor and 7 Years of Contact Building

>This promotor that you're, uh, IN with ... Does he/she know that Dylan will
>continue to tour Europe until the end of July and will have absolutely,
>positively NOTHING to do with the MSG shows?

Ray:
I'm not "in" with him (Scher, sp?), but have a friend who knows him. I'm
trying to find out the deal with Dylan, but since I have to wait till my
friend can get in touch it's not a fast process. I cannot demand, you know.
"They want to know NOW."

>Now me, I've spent 7 years establishing relationships with slimy sub-human
>ticket "brokers" who gouge money out of fans to line their own slimey
>pockets.  My relationship is this: They say "who needs tickets" and I say
>"choke on 'em, scalper scum".  For 7 years I've been doing this just WAITING
>for this moment.

I lucked out by meeting someone on P* three years ago, on the Kinks BB. And
we became friends. I had no idea there would be such a show or that she knew
the promoter or anything...it was just my charming personality (don't you
know a joke when you hear one???). Her husband is a Who fan, so when I told
her about the MSG show she contacted her friend, who happened to be THE
promoter...and it all came together. We were lucky to get 5 tickets...at the
time I thought my wife would be attending, but as it turns out my best
friend will be instead (as he decided to bring his family up with us, so
we're also bringing my daughter...6 Southerners invade NYC, film at 11).
But you see, just to be sure we got tickets via Ticketmaster...which means I
still have some available for the 17th.
So I cannot claim to have any associations other than plain old friendship.
Sorry, I just lucked out.

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend