Quad '73 shows

i'm told that yesterday at a soundcheck Gary Glitter (playing the role of the
Godfather (who else???) accidentally hit roger with a mic and sent him to a
hospital....what's a quad. performance without someone ending up in the
hospital?
i've also heard that David Gilmour will be on hand for a few songs in the
show on Sat.

Mark Leaman writes:
>>>I'd say that it was performed what, 7 times counting the British shows?
 Someone should know that out here somewhere.   I THINK we got 3 performances
in the US before Townshend ripped the tapes out of the console. And those
replete with problems. <<

actually they played a total of 33 shows which could qualify as 'quadrophenia
shows'.     14 in the U.K.,  12 in the U.S. and the rest in France in Feb. of
'74.     Pete's fit occurred 11/5/73 at the Newcastle City Hall in the U.K.
   the tapes worked quite well for most of the rest of the tour.    The show
I saw in Detroit (available on some boot somewhere) was probably the best Who
performance i've seen.

Jim Jackson writes: re: DANCE IT AWAY
>>What's the lowdown on this song--when was it recorded? ... I know that the
Who played versions of it on their 79-80 tours of America, but I didn't know
if the Who ever recorded it. <<
a great song,  which i believe Pete recorded during the sessions for Chinese
Eyes,  possibly using  the Big Country bassist and drummer.     I've been
told that it was recorded by the Who,   for the Face Dances album,   but
ended up on the cutting room floor.