After The Fire

Jim, re:

>This brings up a question:  isn't it true that Pete wrote AFTER THE FIRE for
the band to do at Live Aid? I'd heard (or so I thought) that Townshend wrote
it for the show, but then the band didn't do it because they couldn't
tolerate one another for the proper rehearsals to get it down.  Any truth?<

It IS true that Pete wrote it for the band to perform at Live Aid.  He says
as much in the "Deep End" video before performing it, something along the
lines of "I wrote it for us to do at Live Aid, it didn't happen, Roger did
it, what's happening in Africa is like a fire, etc. etc."  As to them not
being able to tolerate each other to rehearse I don't know, but it wouldn't
surprise me.

There ain't no color in my memories. . .
AThosWhite