Re: Orlando '82???

>Unfortunately, there is now reason to believe it's A show and not THE show.
However, the
>show is very good, what I have of it. I know they broadcast a 'full length'
>concert initially and then broadcast a shorter version later. Its typical
>radio broadcast quality - definately not an audience tape... there's
>bleeping over the bad words and stuff... and I would like to get this whole
>show, even if it's not Orlando '82. I will post more of the inbetween
>chatter to help the tape traders out there pin point this show. I believe
>before Drowned, Pete says, i.e. "Your such an orderly crowd, I'm not sure if
>it's appropriate..." One person wrote me saying, "Sounds good to me..." and
>another says... "I don't thinks so dude..." So if anyone can dig out the
>right show info, let me know!

I was at the show as a 19-year-old. I snuck in a microcassette recorder
(shoplifted by a buddy, as I remember) and made a horrible recording of the
show. It was my first Who concert, and I cherished those tapes. Your post
compelled me to tear apart most of my home in hopes that I can solve the
mystery of your "Orlando '82" tape.

During my search I uncovered:
1) Copies of Pete's "Horse's Neck" and "Full Moon" (the book)
2) A tape made by Irish Jack entitled "The Pure Beach Boy-Keith Moon 10th
Anniversary Story Tape" which just showed up in my mailbox years after I'd
last heard from the Who fan club or whatever it was I'd joined
3) A few old 1980's buttons which I'll probably wear to the MSG show
4) A (teenager's) lifetime worth of moldy old cassettes
5) Who calendars, a 1980 tour program (gift from a buddy) and my Orland0 '82
ticket stubs
6) Lots of my kids' baby pictures (good) and pictures of the ex-wife
(not-so-good)

I couldn't find the tapes I'd dubbed from the microcassettes, but I did find
the micros themselves. If you could transcribe some of the between-song
banter I could tell you if it matches the show I have on tape. This should
solve the mystery once and for all. I was young and very stoned, and the
tapes have been battered, (accidently) recorded over in places, and survived
several cross-country moves, but they are intact enough to determine the
authenticity of your tape. Give me a few items to compare, and we'll settle
the matter.

Randall Hixson

(Hope to see many of you in NYC at the 7/20 show)